Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life in this present evil world.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage, ordained by God, as between one man (born male) and one woman (born female). (Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:21-24, Mark 10:6-8)
- St. Thomas Church and its pastor(s) will not solemnize any other relationship as "marriage."
- We believe any other relationship termed as "marriage" to be counterfeit and against the word of God.
- This definition pertains to all church events designed for married couples.
9. This statement of faith finds its expression in the Apostles' Creed and is supported by the Heidelberg Catechism.